WELL MADE CLOTHES
D.I.Y BASIC BLOCK T SHIRT MAKING AND PRINTING WORKSHOPS
Increasing garment pollution, constant use of unethical trade in fashion is proving fashion industry to be non-progressive and unsustainable.
Samia Malik ihtgw's relaunching D.I.Y garment making workshops at Indra and Samia Gallery based in the Eastend. Samia has 10 year's background of making D.I.Y garments, and also taught how to make garments. Below more information about Samia's D.I.Y garment making background:
- Completed BA Honor Fashion design course, and also studied MA Womenswear at Central Saint Martins.
- 10 years experience of making DIY garments, selling DIY garments in London and worldwide.
- Since 2006 used DIY method to print shirts.
Aim of workshops:
- To encourage more people to make their own clothes.
- Reintroduce and sustain crafts skills.
- A step towards decreasing unethical trade. Make more people aware about unethical trade in high street shops and fashion shops.
Information about workshops:
* In workshops participants will be shown:
- How to pattern cut a basic block t shirt/ top
- How print on t shirt
* Participant will make and print their own t shirt/ top.
* Duration of workshops: 1 hour and 30 minutes.
* By the end workshops participant will have a completed T Shirt.
* Location of workshop: Indra and Samia Gallery, 19 Henriques Street, London E1 1NB (Just off Commercial Road).
* Workshops runs various hours between Monday to Sunday, for workshop prices and to arrange time to attend workshop please email: firstname.lastname@example.org